Sixth Form Placements
Could you offer a Sixth Form student a Work Experience Placement for half or 1 day a week in your company?
How does it work?
The Department for Education has stated that Sixth Formers MUST participate in substantial and meaningful Work Experience to improve their employability skills and prepare them for work in the near future.
A placement in Industry can last from 12 weeks up to 6 months. Whatever you can offer a young person will be hugely beneficial and help them achieve the qualifications they are studying at school.
The student will be studying a vocational qualification linked to your sector. It could be an A'level or BTEC in Business, Health, Science, Sports or Art to name just a few subject areas.
We brief you fully on the student, their educational background, interests and aspirations. We also show you a precis of their course so you can see how their qualification relates to your sector and the work experience they will undertake.
If you agree in principal to offer a placement you can then meet the student for an informal interview and decide from there.
Placements are not the same as part-time employment and do not involve payment of wages. The student attends school for the remainder of the week.
Benefits to your business
- Sixth formers are mature, keen to help and learn and have a real interest in your sector as they have chosen to study it!
- You are helping prepare a future workforce with the skills your industry requires
- You may identify a potential employee!
- Raises your company profile within the community
- Helps develop the supervisory skills of your existing staff
We believe in helping keen young people learn more about our profession...
Laura has become an excellent member of the team..."
Principal Optometrist, Specsavers
Benefits to young people
- Links students' qualifications to the work place
- Develops career specific skills
- Provides students with significant, transferable work related experience
- Increases confidence and self-esteem
Employers tell us they really enjoy taking a Sixth Former on placement and they can be a valuable short term addition to your staff!
For more information please contact Maria Hart on 0151 298 9454 or email Maria here.
Our Employer partners include….