- Our Work with Schools
- Business Role Models
- DBS checks
- Education Showcase
- Employability Interviews
- Enterprise Days
- Enterprise Springboard
- Extended Work Experience
- Careers I.A.G Workshops
- Primary School Projects
- Teacher Training
- Sixth Form Placements
- Skills 4 Employment
- Workplace Visits
- Work Experience
- Video Gallery
‘Bespoke Engineering Placements’
“Thanks a million for all your help with the placements, the lads have had a very valuable experience ”
Archbishop Beck Catholic High School
Retail, I.T. and Administration Placements
"Thank you so much for your hard work. It's made a real difference to the pupils and they have gained so much from the experience"
Palmerston Special School
"Our student is determined to work in the I.T. industry and this placement has taken him one step closer. Thank-you."
"I cannot recommend this service highly enough."
Archbishop Blanch C of E High School
"It has been a pleasure to have a student working with us on a long term Work Experience Placement. He is enthusiastic, hardworking and an asset to our company."
Active City Sports Officer
"Maria took time to involve the parents of our students which has added to the success of the programme, reassuring them and ensuring they were enthusiastic and supportive."
Deputy Head Teacher
Formerly of Parklands High School 2012
"It was an excellent idea to come into School and deliver a Pre-Placement Presentation to the students. The pupils were very focussed and definitely benefited by receiving professional IAG."
Parklands High School
Extended Work Experience Placements & IAG
"I cannot recommend this service highly enough"
Careers Co-ordinator, Archbishop Blanch School
How do you prepare those Yr 10 or 11 students who are keen to work or gain an Apprenticeship after school?
Give them a headstart - make them instantly more employable.
We can help!
We can organise a long term Work Experience Placement, 1 day a week, in a career area of choice.
The placement can last from a term, up to 6 months or beyond.
Which students will benefit?
YOU will be able to identify the students who will benefit most.
They may be a student who is not fully achieving academically. The Workplace, not school, is where their interests lie.
AND...if a vacancy appears in the company YOUR student could be in a prime position to apply for it.
They may be studying a vocational course for e.g. Health, Child Care etc. and need that coveted 'Experience' in the industry to progress further after school.
Or, they may want to take up an Apprenticeship, so significant Work Experience is imperative.
It is essential that the student is keen and committed to go on placement and will demonstrate good attendance, good behaviour and punctuality.
How does it work?
After an initial discussion with us please:
- complete an online application form (below) as soon as possible for each student and send it to us electronically. (You will need to register on our website to access the form, this is a simple process)
We will then:
- Interview the young person to discuss their interests and aspirations
- require parental consent and a declaration confirming the student's medical status
- source a suitable employer
- conduct a full Health & Safety assessment at the employer's premises
- run an IAG session in school, pre placement, to prepare students for their placement. This will include advice on how to make a good impression, interview techniques, employer expectations and the differences between school and the workplace
We have the flexibility to find a placement for a student at any time.
Depending on numbers, we request 12 weeks notice from School (from the date that we interview your students)
We will organise the placement in entirety but it is School’s responsibility to monitor the student’s learning progress throughout the placement.
Benefits to Young People
- Informs, advises and guides young people about 'Work' and 'Careers'
- Motivates and excites
- Gives them significant, transferable, work related experience
- Develops employability skills and career specific skills
- Increases their confidence and self esteem
- An opportunity to promote themselves to an employer who may be recruiting in the future.
Benefits to School
- Supports The Information, Advice and Guidance Strategy
- Ideal for students whose interests lie in a vocational area
- A happier, more confident and focused young person in and out of school!
- Reduces the risk of disaffection with the potential to decrease NEET figures
- Helps students understand the value of school work in the workplace which could encourage them to return to Sixth Form
Per Student: £550 for member schools. To continue into Year 2 - £350.
For further information please call Maria Hart on 0151 298 9454 or email Maria here.
Our Employer partners include….