- Our Work with Schools
- Business Role Models
- DBS checks
- Education Showcase
- Employability Interviews
- Enterprise Days
- Enterprise Springboard
- Extended Work Experience
- Careers I.A.G Workshops
- Primary School Projects
- Teacher Training
- Sixth Form Placements
- Skills 4 Employment
- Workplace Visits
- Work Experience
- Video Gallery
Industry Placements for Sixth Form students
16-19 Study Programmes
The Department for Education has stated that Sixth Formers MUST participate in 'substantial and meaningful' Work Experience linked to their Vocational Studies or career aspirations and schools will be inspected on this.
This can be time consuming and challenging to organise...We can help.
We can organise bespoke Work Placements for the Yr 12 /13 students you know will benefit most - probably BTEC & Applied Subject students requiring regular, focused Work Experience.
Linked to their qualification they will work with a local employer, in a relevant career area for 1 or half a day a week lasting a term or even up to 6 months.
How does it work?
After an initial discussion with us please:
- complete the On-line Application form (opposite) for each student (You will need to register on our website to access the form, this is a simple process)
- There is also a Parental Consent Form and Medical Declaration. Please print these off for the students' parents to complete.
Depending on numbers, we require 12 weeks notice from School (excluding holidays) to organise placements, from the date we interview your students.
- Interview the student/s to discuss their interests and the areas of learning they wish to develop
- Offer IAG related to career opportunities
- Source the employer and relay the student’s requirements
- Conduct a full Health & Safety Assessment
- Run a Pre-placement IAG session in school focusing on Interview techniques, how to make a good impression, employer expectations and the differences between school and the workplace.
- Liaise with the employer and school throughout the placement
It is School’s responsibility to monitor the student’s learning progress throughout the placement.
Benefits to Young People
- Develops career specific skills
- Provides students with significant, transferable work related experience
- Links students’ qualifications to the work place
- Increases confidence and self-esteem
- Gives students a Unique Selling Point
- An impressive addition to their UCAS application
"I love being at my placement as I observed and have had the privilege to participate in Physiotherapy sessions."
A Sixth Form Applied Science student based at Mersey Care NHS Trust
"I really enjoyed my placement. The Nursery staff provided me with lots of relevant information to help me with my Health & Social Care portfolio."
Bellerive FCJ Catholic College
"I have learnt so much, from ordering prescriptions to communicating with customers and even planogramming. I'm really enjoying it."
A Sixth Form Applied Science student based at Lloyds Pharmacy, Liverpool.
Benefits to Young People
- A bespoke 'Study Programme' for your Post 16 students as advised by Ofsted
- A practical learning approach to ‘bring a student's subject to life’
- Gives your students a head start in terms of their job, career and academic prospects as they have already ‘worked’ in industry
Ashlea from Palmerston School now working part time at a local nursery as a result of her 6th Form Work Placement.
"Highly effective and appropriate work placements are secured for all students... to help them prepare for future employment. "
Ofsted, May 2015
on awarding Palmerston School 'Outstanding' for Sixth Form provision
"Thank you so much for your hard work. It's made a real difference to the pupils..."
Head of Palmerston School
"This is invaluable, stretching Work Experience. Our Post 16 BTEC Science, Business & Art students are out in the workplace each week, learning and loving it."
Head of Sixth Form, Holly Lodge Girls' College
"We value this programme hugely"
Head of Sixth Form, Bellerive FCJ Catholic College
£550 per student for member schools.
If you think your students could benefit from a placement in industry please call
Maria Hart on 0151 298 9454 or email Maria here.
Our Employer partners include….