Extended Work Experience
A greater experience of the 'World of Work'…
Could you offer a placement in your company, once a week to a young person aged between 15 and 16 years?
An Extended Work Experience Placement prepares school students for employment or training in the future. It is not the same as part-time employment and does not involve payment of wages.
How does it work?
The programme is designed for students in their last 2 years of compulsory education (Year 10 & 11).
The students may be enjoying studying a Vocational course such as Sports and Recreation and so related Work Experience is essential.
Or, a student may have a Career in mind already and they want to get out into the ‘big, wide, world’ and experience work!
Working with you would be an ideal opportunity for them!
We brief you fully on the student, their educational background, interests and aspirations. If you agree in principal to offer a placement you can then meet the student for an informal interview and decide from there.
The placement is part of an agreed Curriculum Plan and students receive monitoring visits from a teacher to review progress and set targets. The placement may last up to a school year.
We will complete the appropriate health & safety review for your company.
Benefits to your business
- Ensures that young people – your future workforce are better prepared for their working life
- Helps you equip students with the skills YOUR industry requires
- You may identify a potential employee!
- Raises your company profile within the community
- Helps develop the supervisory skills of your existing staff
It has been a pleasure to have a student working with us on a long term Work Experience Placement. He is enthusiastic, hardworking and an asset to our company."
Active City Sports Officer, SportsLinx
Benefits to young people
- Motivates and excites young people
- Helps them develop new, transferable work related skills
- Gives youngsters a head start when they enter the job market
- Increases their self-esteem and confidence
We are grateful to Liverpool's employers that tirelessly support young people in their quest to upskill and make themselves more employable.
For further information please call Maria Hart on 0151 298 9454 or email Maria here.
Our Employer partners include….