- Our Work with Schools
- Business Role Models
- DBS checks
- Education Showcase
- Employability Interviews
- Enterprise Days
- Enterprise Springboard
- Extended Work Experience
- Careers I.A.G Workshops
- Primary School Projects
- Teacher Training
- Sixth Form Placements
- Skills 4 Employment
- Workplace Visits
- Work Experience
- Video Gallery
A taste of the 'World of Work'
Every year we organise over 2,000 Work Experience Placements for 14-18 year old students.
A 5 or 10-day placement gives students a valuable taster of the ‘World of Work’, its needs and disciplines.
How does it work?
- We negotiate the Annual Work Experience Calendar with schools to maximise the opportunities available to young people
- We undertake the Health & Safety visits and other legal vetting of all employers
- We provide an online system with up to date employer information and Job Descriptions
- We can run 'Health & Safety' and Employer Expectations' Assemblies, bookable on request
We ask you to:
- Thoroughly prepare your students for their Work Experience Placement, including Health & Safety awareness
- Match your KS4 students to the placements provided or identify any sector specific placements for Post 16 students in line with their study programme
- Visit your students whilst on their placements
- Provide opportunities for your students to reflect upon and review their learning experiences when they return to school
- Inform us of any problems or real successes during the placements
Benefits to young people
- Develops career ideas
- Builds confidence & self esteem
- Enhances knowledge and skills
" My work experience proved to me that this is the career I want to go for and I am..."
from Broadgreen International School
"I enjoyed my 2 week placement with WM Kelly & Son Ltd. Mr Kelly taught me joinery and cabinet making skills that will be useful to me in the future."
from The Academy of St Francis of Assisi
A Students' Work Placement Diary is now available online.
For more information please call Hilary Irlam on 0151 298 9454 or email Hilary here
Our Employer partners include….