Help develop tomorrow's workforce today!
YOU can help shape the skills of a future workforce by providing a Work Experience placement to a young person.
A 5 or 10-day placement gives students aged between 14 & 18 years a valuable taster of the workplace, its needs and disciplines.
How does it work?
- We produce a calendar of potential dates for Work Experience Placements
- You choose convenient times to offer placements to interested students
- We then undertake a Health & Safety visit and request details of your Employers’ Liability Insurance
We ask you to:
- Agree a standard job description for the student
- Give them a ‘Company Induction’ on their first day which includes Health & Safety arrangements, Policy and Procedures
- Monitor and report on their performance in their ‘Work Placement Record’
Benefits to your business
- An opportunity to identify future recruits
- Raises your company’s profile in the community
- An opportunity for your staff to develop their supervisory skills
Working with Liverpool Compact make things so much easier from a management prospective. We like taking students as hopefully they get a taste of what working for us would be like.
James Lafferty, Store Manager
Benefits to young people
- Develops career ideas
- Builds confidence and self esteem
- Enhances knowledge and skills
- Complements academic and vocational courses in school
For more information please contact HIlary Irlam on 0151 298 9454 or email Hilary here.
Our Employer partners include….